It was more than a year ago when I started working on Summer Lovin’, my new fabric line with Michael Miller Fabrics. It is a long, complicated, wonderful, exhausting process to go from idea to actual fabric and Summer Lovin’ is finally shipping to stores now!
This line has 22 pieces in yummy, summer colors that coordinate with Cotton Couture solids from Michael Miller: Azure, Lemon, Sprout, Stone, Watermelon and Wave.
It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I might have to go with Berry Cute. I also love the plaids, Summer Picnic, and the retro floral, Abloom:
Here is a quilt showing several of the prints:
And Flower Power, my go-to pattern these days:
I designed a Block of the Month quilt, featuring hand embroidery, for Summer Lovin’. Look for it beginning soon at your local quilt shop! The quilt is called Sweet Summertime:
Here are close ups of the embroidered blocks:
AND….. I’m thrilled to introduce my new Designer Thread Collection with Aurifil Threads, Summer Lovin’! This box has six, large 12 wt. spools and six, large 50 wt. spools. It’s perfect for hand embroidery, piecing, quilting and applique.
To celebrate my new fabric line and new thread set, I’m having a giveaway. I’m collecting quilt blocks to make into a quilt (or more) for the Hopes and Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS, sponsored by Quilters Dream Batting. Quilters Dream is the only batting I use and is located just east of where I live. I’ve always supported their efforts to raise money for ALS and want to step it up a notch and donate more quilts than ever this year. This is where you come in. Here are the contest details:
- Make a quilt block that measures 8.5″ x 8.5″.
- Block must use only Navy Blue and White (ALS colors).
- Please use quilt shop quality print or solid fabric.
- Block must be postmarked by September 1, 2016.
- Each person who sends a block will be entered to win.
- Each entry will receive a number and a random number generator will be used to determine winner.
- Winner will be announced Sept. 15, 2016.
- One entry per person.
- Winner will receive a 20-piece fat quarter bundle of Summer Lovin’ fabric AND a box of Summer Lovin’ Aurifil thread.
- Use the hashtag #summerlovinALS when posting on social media
Who’s ready to win?? Remember, blocks must be postmarked by September 1, 2016 to be eligible.
Send your block to:
4500 Lake Summer Mews
Moseley, VA 23120
I can’t wait to see your blocks!
Please ask for Summer Lovin’ fabric and thread at your local quilt shop.
To learn more about the Hopes and Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS, click here: http://hopesanddreams.quiltersdreambatting.com/
To read my interview with Aurfil, please visit their blog: https://auribuzz.wordpress.com/2016/06/22/summer-lovin-by-susan-emory/
To view the entire Summer Lovin’ collection, click here: http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/shop/collections/summer-lovin.html